Friday, November 11, 2011

When the Journey Began-in a heart

I don't remember exactly how old I was when I heard the story about Russian orphanages but, it has stuck with me for over 20 years at least. It was the story about the children left in beds all day that has stuck with me this long. As a kid myself, back then, I couldn't imagine how awful it must have been to not be able to go outside and play. To feel unloved and unwanted. These thoughts and images have stayed with me so long that I knew one day I would do something.... Well, here I am, an adult with a family of my own and pondering the thoughts of my son in that place. It hasn't been easy since I have had these feelings that there is someone missing in my family. I really wanted to act 6 months ago but, sometimes those around you aren't as ready to act. So here I am 6 months later, dreaming and researching how to bring my son Daniel home. I'm reading everything I can, I'm researching agencies & pricing, I'm praying for funding, and I'm praying for support this time. You see, our pastor preached on adoption last Sunday & I haven't stopped since!

1 comment: