Friday, November 11, 2011

What I have learned

The Internet is a great, quick resource but, can also be too much. My daddy always says, "take what you need & throw the rest out". This is how I'm approaching all this info & would advise others to do the same. Searching for agency: ask for referrals from people you know that have adopted, then call them, and research reviews & comments about them online. I have ruled out probably the top 2 after a phone call. I feel you must feel comfortable with your agency, it's gonna be a long time with them & connecting is important to me. They will all try to tell you reality...ok, great but, not in discouraging way please. I need the truth but, with hope too. We all know it takes many months & maybe years to adopt from Russia. I also learned babies aren't eligible til after 3 months old so there's your first delay. Lots of websites that explain the process of Russian adoption but, I found one that breaks it down so well that anyone could understand-I'll try to post it soon. Books are great too and stories so read like crazy!! I'm not a reader but, have learned to be one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment